Prev: Re: Re :FT Mailing List Next: RE: Re :FT Mailing List

Re: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

From: GZGMail@a...
Date: Fri, 2 May 1997 22:44:00 -0400
Subject: Re: Weapons for Newtonian based FTIII

Quick and dirty, here's how I do vector movement.  First, I play on
cheap
plexiglas sheets.  Splatter paint stars on one side, then spray black
paint
over that, flip, and you've got a "star-mat" that actually has depth.

The good thing is that you can write on the sheet in china marker.  So,
for
each ship, draw a vector in the direction of flight equal to the ship's
current speed.	Next, select any point within a number of inches of the
vector's endpoint equal to the ship's thrust rating.  Now draw a line
from
the ship's starting point to that selected point.  The ship ends up at
that
point facing in the direction of that last vector, traveling at a speed
equal
to the length of that vector.

Simple, easy to use, feels very much like the FT standard movement
system.
 But you have to have a surface you can write on (pins in the carpet or
vector markers don't work satisfactorily.).

Prev: Re: Re :FT Mailing List Next: RE: Re :FT Mailing List