Prev: Re: What points systems are worth looking at? Next: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

Fw: Optional Fighter Movement for FULL THRUST (Very Long Post)

From: "Roger c Gerrish" <roger.gerrish@l...>
Date: Sun, 27 Apr 1997 09:51:17 -0400
Subject: Fw: Optional Fighter Movement for FULL THRUST (Very Long Post)

----------
> From: Roger c Gerrish <roger.gerrish@lineone.net>
> To: FTGZG-L@bolton.ac.uk
> Subject: Re: Optional Fighter Movement for FULL THRUST (Very Long
Post)
> Date: 27 April 1997 00:26
Hi,
Just a few more points on our Optional Fighter Movement for Full Thrust.
These are actually clarifications:

Fighter Movement:
When both sides have fighters we use the standard "you move one, then I
move one" approach. This is the case in both the Standard Fighter
Movement
Phase and the Reaction Fighter Movement Phase

Fighter Combat:
Combat in the Movement Phases. the only combat taking place here can be
the
'free' shots resulting from a group moving out of a dogfight.

In the Combat phase the we use the following sequence:

a) All dogfights resolved

b) Fighter v Fighter Combat: Fighters within range and in arc fire at
each
other. This combat is simultaneous. (Reaction fighters are
less likely to be shot at as the canny player will have positioned them
out
of the firing arcs of the fighters moved in the Standard
Fighter Move Phase.

c) Ships fire: Fighters engaging ships fire after their target has
fired.

d) Any remaining Fighters fire at ships

Note a fighter may not fire more than ONCE in any one turn. (dogfighting
counts as firing)

Notes on More Thrust Fighter Options:
We use Fighter endurance, Fighter quality, Heavy Fighters, Interceptors,
Attack fighters and Long-Range Fighters.

If you playtest these rules it is interesting developing tactics that
allow
you to best escort or defend against attacking fighters.

Regards........

Roger Gerrish (Nottingham)

Prev: Re: What points systems are worth looking at? Next: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?