Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Optional Fighter Movement for FULL THRUST (Very Long Post)

Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Sat, 26 Apr 1997 06:17:34 -0400
Subject: Re: Stargrunt "one" points system?

>Does anyone know if Stargrunt "one" has a points system?
>Would it be relevent, has the game radically altered?
>
>Jon (Tuffley), if SG1 has a relevent points system, would you
>mind if someone posted it? or, if you have a half-finished
>point system for SG2 that you junked, can you post that?
>
>--
>David Brewer

Firstly, SG1 also had no points system - funnily enough, no-one ever
asked
for one either, or commented on its absence... maybe we were selling to
different kind of player then :)

We kicked around a few vague ideas for the SGII points, before deciding
that none of them were a) relevant or b) functional; the decision to
consciously omit points was not taken lightly, but after much discussion
with players and playtesters. The opinions I received from 90% of the
playtesters supported the arguments against points systems, so that is
the
way we went. As they say, you can't please all the people all the time!

We can probably come up with a ROUGH kind of points system to make
pick-up
games easier to organise, if that is what people want; but I suspect
that
as soon as we do this then certain players are going to start working
out
the numbers, hunting for the loopholes, and generally exploiting
whatever
they can find - even if we state they are GUIDELINES, some people are
going
to take them as gospel.

Oh well, we're not going to change human nature so we'll just have to
see
what develops from these discussions....

Jon (GZG).

PS:
"Major, take your unit and attack hill 457!"
"I can't do that, Colonel, the enemy have got 200 points more troops
than I
have so it wouldn't be fair...."

;)

Prev: Re: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Optional Fighter Movement for FULL THRUST (Very Long Post)