Prev: Re: What points systems are worth looking at? Next: Aargh! (off topic)

Re: Anti Grav......

From: <owner-ftgzg-l@b...>
Date: Fri, 25 Apr 1997 15:09:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Anti Grav......

>>	Seriously,  I haven't heard of any of these events (except
>> the stuff about Callisto) on the news.  Goes to show that the media
>> doesn't share our interests.
>
>Ain't it the truth! I LIVE near Kennedy Space center and see shuttles
>go up from my backyard or office all the time and we STILL get almost
>no science news. Sad and depressing...

Not into one-ups-manship things, but here I succumb: I work in the
Science
Ops Center of the Hubble project, and so much data goes through here I
only
see a small fraction of it...and when something IS put out for public
release
(ie, it's on the news, in the papers, etc) I typically don't know about
it
'til a friend or relative calls me up a week later to ask me about
it...and
I sit on the phone stupidly saying 'wha..?'

I get asked about all kinds of other space projects/missions all the
time,
too. And have no clue about most of them.  :-(	No more than anyone
else,
anyhow.

<sigh>
And they call this the 'information age'...

Mk
-
"Ya know...this was supposed to be my weekend off. But nooo-o-o-ooo. You
got me draggin' yo' heavy ass...through the burnin' desert, wich yer
dreadlocks stickin' out the back of my parachute. You gotta come down
here with an attitude, actin' all big and bad...AND WHAT THE HELL IS
THAT
SMELL?!? RAAAR!!! I coulda been in a barbecue!! But I ain't mad...is
alright.
It's alllright..."

Prev: Re: What points systems are worth looking at? Next: Aargh! (off topic)