Prev: RE: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and PDAF

Re: Capcon report

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 16:31:12 -0400
Subject: Re: Capcon report

On Mon, 21 Apr 1997, Brian Bell wrote:

> Just a quick note from CapCon (Columbus OH USA).
>
> I atteneded on Sat 4/19/97. There was a DSII game running. Only 3 out
of 7
> showed for the game though :-(   I was able to Meet Chad Taylor from
the
> list and put together a quick-on-the-spot Full Thrust game. Chad had
some
> GREAT Sa'Vasku ships built from chopped up Terrorinid <sp> figures.
Great
> paint job too (Black base, dried blood color armor plates, and neon
green
> accents). The game had a lot of on-lookers (mainly due to Chad's
figures).
> And I was able to introduce at least 1 new player to the game!
>
> Brian Bell
> pdga6560@csi.com
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html

It was a good time, I also introduced a new player whom I think will be
picking up the game.  I suspect that some of the 'lurkers' might also
think about it.  It is a good compliment when you can have a new player
introduced to the game in a few minutes and half way through he no
longer
needs any help with the rules!

Thanks for the kind word on the Sa'Vasku (the bugs make good bugs I
guess!)  They were actually incredibly easy to make and even easier to
paint!	I was surprised they turned out so well.  If anyone would like
I'll
e-mail them how they were made.

By the way Brian, I ended up making a bunch of Destroyer/Frigate class
ships (as well as bunch of missiles) when I got back home.  We shall
have
to play again, perhaps Marcon?	We could take the Sa'Vasku rules out for
spin!

Hope your wife didn't get to ticked at you for being late!  All should
know that Brian probably made great sacrifices for FT that night!

Chad Taylor

Prev: RE: Anti Grav...... Next: Re: Scatterguns and SMPs... and PDAF