Prev: Re: SAGA 97 Next: RE: SG2: Cavalry in SG2

Anti Grav......

From: "Mike Wikan" <mww@n...>
Date: Tue, 22 Apr 1997 06:53:26 -0400
Subject: Anti Grav......

I noticed an article in the Orlando Sentinel-The newspaper of record
for my area- buried back on page 14 where a Brit-Scot science team
have a working magnetic levitation system working that is capable of
floating just about any type of material. In the demonstration they
magnetically floated a frog for several minutes with no ill effects
to the frog. Apparently the way they did it was by magnetically
distorting the orbits of the frog's electron shells surrounding it's
atomic nuclei so that the electrons literally dragged the nuclei with
them, suspending the frog within the field at a height where gravity
and field strength cancelled one another's effects. They indicated
that the field was several million times the magnetic field strength
of earth's own and that they could suspend "anything conceivably.
>From frogs to sandwiches" Assuming the recent advances in magnetic
technology for weapon systems (i.e. GE's Main Battle Tank railgun
system in trials) We may be seeing the beginnings of Mag-Rep
technology suitable for military applications like propulsion or
magnetic plasma bottles for small fusion generators or weapons...
I can see those Indonesian gunskimmers now.......
Mike Wikan
Game Design\Conceptual Art
n-Space, Inc.
A Producer of 3D Entertainment Products

Prev: Re: SAGA 97 Next: RE: SG2: Cavalry in SG2