Prev: Re: Vectored Thrust (a fairly long post) Next: Re: Personalities in SGII

Re: Vectored Thrust (a fairly long post)

From: <owner-ftgzg-l@b...>
Date: Sun, 20 Apr 1997 12:20:11 -0400
Subject: Re: Vectored Thrust (a fairly long post)

[...]
>EXAMPLES
>
>These are off the to of my head so appologies to B5 fans

S'okay. We'll be sure to correct any inaccuracies.  ;-)

>STARFURY
>
>Thrust = 6
>Weapons = 4 C bats, forward arc only

THey really only have 2 weapons, like the Narn ftr.

>Abilities = Heavy, Agile
>
>NARN FIGHTER
>
>Thrust = 8
>Weapons = 2 C bats, forward arc only
>Abilities = Fast (hence 8 thrust)

My take on them is that they're heavy, and not any faster than 'Furies.

Centuari fighters, on the other hand... (too bad Galoob didn't make
any micros of them, too...I won't lament about Galoob not making any
more B5 figs at all...hey, wait...maybe when the movies come out..??)

>and for fun, NOT !
>
>VORLON FIGHTER

*grin*

>Thrust = 8
>Weapons = 2 A bats, forward arc, extra Fire Con
>Abilities = Fast, Agile
>( the micro machines vorlon ship looks sort of like the fighter).

Yeah, close enough.  ;-)

You might consider either making them heavy, or giving them
some 'armor' (I'd go with the 'armor'). Q: why do you give
it an extra FC?

>OK so that's it, try them and see

If I can get some time.  :-/

>I am claiming NO intellectual propertiy rights to this material, almost

>all of this material has been the work of others, I have meerly put it
>together in an alternative manner.  If by some strange quirk someone
out
>there likes this stuff then please feel free to use it as you wish.  If

>this stimulates someone to come up with a better system then could I
have
>a copy please cos I'm too lazy to write another myself :)

Nice job on the overall rules, though. Look interesting.

>Happy thrusting !

You, too; good luck on the thesis/dissertation/whatnot.

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: Vectored Thrust (a fairly long post) Next: Re: Personalities in SGII