Prev: Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!! Next: Repeating Message tying up bandwidth...

Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

From: stuart@m... (Stuart Ford)
Date: Mon, 14 Apr 1997 13:24:54 -0400
Subject: Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!!

 >From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@swob.dna.fi>

>On Sun, 13 Apr 1997, Eric Fialkowski wrote:
>
>> Realistically (I hate that word in gaming) the Zentraedi
>> would destroy the SDF-1 with little trouble.
>
>Well yes, but they were under strict orders to capture the ship
>(relatively) intact. That gets a bit hard when the crew doesn't agree.
>Thus we had the probing attacks and a few maniac commanders acting on
>their own.
>
>The numbers are a bit screwy though... the Zentraedi had a bazillion
>times numerical superiority to wipe out the pesky Veritech squadrons --
>why didn't they?
>
>When total conflict bloomed, SDF-1 had allied with Breetai's fleet.

I've been trying to toy around with the Robotech/Macross genre FT rules
for
quite some time, the one problem seems to be making the Zentraedi ships,
even scaling the ships systems and mecha down by a factor of 10, they
are
always Superships!!  After playtesting some battles on this scale, we've
decided to hold off on the idea, moving several hundred fighter
squadrons a
turn is a bit taxing....   (wait, did i move that squadron yet?!?!?!?).

The chance to play in this genre is one that several local players are
interested in, but we've chosen Macross II as the series of choice, at
least the earthers have a fleet of captured Zentraedi ships to play
with.

Just using up my dime!

Stuart Ford
Systems Administrator, Molecular Applications Group

Prev: Re: Anime games was: Re: I GOT YAMATO MINIS!!! Next: Repeating Message tying up bandwidth...