Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: RE: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Re: Replenishing fighters

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Wed, 9 Apr 1997 13:07:51 -0400
Subject: Re: Replenishing fighters

Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:
>Having worked on a carrier I have some real problems with the idea than
an
>entire fighter can be fielded out of parts on hand.  Usually it is the
other
> way around, there is a hangar queen that never flies because there are
not
> enough parts to keep all of them up at one time.  So the rule should
instead
> be that every squadron leaves with only 5 fighters...  Obviously those
who
>bought  carriers won't like this bit of realism...

Interesting, but not really in scope with the level of detail in FT.

>   I don't think that fighters need beefing up, they are quite capable
on
> their own...	Additionally, if you can replenish fighters in the
middle
>of the game, how about my missiles...?

I think reloading weapon systems should be available in this game.  I
like
the idea of using support ships and actually having a need for them.  I
would use standard docking rules from the game with adjusted times for
transport and reloading of weapons.  Of course certain weapon systems
could
use reload costs such as sub-packs and scatter guns.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Real Space Combat Help: Next: RE: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust