Prev: Re: Velocity limits on Starships... Next: RE: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust

Replenishing fighters

From: pepourne@n... (Phillip E. Pournelle)
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 14:22:35 -0400
Subject: Replenishing fighters

Having worked on a carrier I have some real problems with the idea than
an
entire fighter can be fielded out of parts on hand.  Usually it is the
other
 way around, there is a hangar queen that never flies because there are
not
 enough parts to keep all of them up at one time.  So the rule should
instead
 be that every squadron leaves with only 5 fighters...	Obviously those
who
bought	carriers won't like this bit of realism...
   I don't think that fighters need beefing up, they are quite capable
on
 their own...  Additionally, if you can replenish fighters in the middle

of the game, how about my missiles...?
   Phil P.

Prev: Re: Velocity limits on Starships... Next: RE: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust