Prev: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

Re: re FT3 Missiles-Jon

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Tue, 8 Apr 1997 04:07:07 -0400
Subject: Re: re FT3 Missiles-Jon

At 17:42 05/04/97 +0000, you wrote:
>At 11:00 PM 4/3/97 +0000, you wrote:
>>Take FT2 missiles as one shot externally mounted types
>>FT3 d.m.s(Drone Mis...)as a launcher plus (1 to 4?) swarm shots.
>>Each swarm has 6 drones -damage is 1 pt per missile and a specific
system
>>threshold check [eg engines,shields,largest weapon,firecon.]
>>Jon (top cat)
>>
>	 I like this idea but I don't know how you could easily
implement a
>"specific system threshold check" without getting bogged down in
mechanics.

>	 James

Well either you could make it 'random' as in -counting from the top and
the
right of the ship diagram roll D(number of systems on ship) and the
number
that comes up is the system that has to roll a system threshold check
or (my prefered option)
Each swarm is dedicated to a specific target system (ie homes in on
'warp
core signature' for example to target engines) and this is in some way
recorded on the ship diagram by a letter in the missile picture.
When the missile swarm hits (with losses due to P/ADF systems etc) the
remaining missiles determine how hard the threshold check is ie
       No. Missile Hits 	Damage		System destroyed on
	       1		   1			 6
	       2		   2			5,6
	       3		   3		       4,5,6
	       4		   4		      3,4,5,6
	       5		   5		     2,3,4,5,6
	       6		   6		    1,2,3,4,5,6
On an engine check with, say 4 missile hits the attacking player may
split
it into 2  eg a 3 missile hit followed by 1 missile hit (since engines
take
two to be destroyed)

Jon (top cat)

SDL

Prev: Paint Schemes for Full Thrust Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]