Prev: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks. Next: Re: Thoughts on FT

Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

From: A stalwart bastion of bachelorism <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Mon, 7 Apr 1997 08:32:36 -0400
Subject: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks.

>> I don't see where there's a big deal with this Ramming stuff.
>
>Really, there isn't. I think we were mostly interested in prolonging
>combat longer than a real captain would. E.g. your battleship is
reduced
>to 5 hits. Do you disengage or stick around trying to inflict maximum
>damage in final blaze of glory?

Gotcha

>Why do real people not always finish off cripples? Either they can't
>catch it, or they don't want risk further damage to themselves. The
first
>is easy, but in FT the second option is a bit problematic: Anyone
trying
>to get away will expose their unarmed rear. Shooting someone up the
>tailpipe is a no-risk proposition in FT.

Good arguement for rear-firing weapons.  ;-)

Mk
-
  /@		       .  .	      If you insist on reaching for a
  <|\			  .  )	      star, be prepared to take a long,
   |		     /\ 	      hard fall.
   |		    //
   /		 o //*		      Indy - climber, astronomer,
adventurer
  /		<%- /|\ 	      supreme. Have rope, will travel.

Prev: Re: Ramming and Suicide Attacks. Next: Re: Thoughts on FT