Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Thoughts on FT

Re: Fast speeds

From: davisje@z... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 16:14:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Fast speeds

> Hmm... call me cynical, but I still don't believe that all the
> whizbang high-tech stuff envisioned in starships would make it
> possible to pinpoint another ship and plot its probable course
> within the next few milliseconds to the degree necessary to hit it
> thousands of kilometers away.

When the members of my group run a measurement, they are getting
a "ballpark" estimate of the distance between two objects.  It's
more of a range band type of number that we'll use, not a precise
measurement.

It's not an abused issue for us.  One or two may be all that's done.

I would imagine that a tournament rule would have to be applied if
a 'serious' game were being run at a convention.  In that case,
the 'no premeasurement rule' would be useful to avoid the abuse
that some players would make of it.

Jon

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Thoughts on FT