Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: $64,000 Question

Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 08:50:05 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

sprayform.dev@netwales.co.uk writes:

@:) >  Watch out with rules like this.	My group played around with
@:) >increasing the effectiveness of *DAF and the results were that
@:) >fighters got massacred.
@:)
@:) But that was why I suggested the re-squading of the single
@:) returning fighter [re separate email on fighters]

  I read that message but did not understand it.  If you were
suggesting that a single fighter should somehow turn into six, that's
obviously nonsensical.	If you were suggesting that a single fighter
can operate as a squadron, well, that's already the case (a weak
squadron to be sure, but they can still do squadly things).  If you
were suggesting that reduced squadrons can be combined into more
complete squadrons, I don't think that's explicitly stated in the
rules but it makes sense.  It doesn't convey a great advantage for
fighters.

  In short I couldn't make heads or tails of that message and that's
probably why I don't understand this one.  Please re-explain.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: $64,000 Question