Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

Re: Fast speeds

From: Oerjan Ohlson <f92-ooh@n...>
Date: Fri, 4 Apr 1997 07:23:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Fast speeds

On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> On Thu, 3 Apr 1997, Robin Paul wrote:
>
> > each other with no apparent thought for tactics, and apparently
flown by
> > captains who can't count! :-)
>
> Or captains who are not allowed to pre-measure distances.
>
> IMHO, this seems like a crucial point, let's take a quick poll:
>
> Do you allow pre-measurement of movement and/or weapon ranges?

Yes. "No pre-measurement" is fine for historical (ancient/napoleonic/
whatever) battles where there were no reliable way to measure distances.
For high-tech battles, however... well, if I can see you on my radar, I
know how far away you are, right? And I can keep track of the range all
the time, too. I strongly suspect the same would apply for other types
of
high-tech sensors or scanners too.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson

"Life is like a sewer.
 -Hen3ry

Prev: Re: Fast speeds Next: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]