Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas).

re FT3 Missiles-Jon

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 18:00:11 -0500
Subject: re FT3 Missiles-Jon

I prefer the idea that we keep FT2 missiles and their movement but call
FT3 missiles by another name (drone missile swams)

Take FT2 missiles as one shot externally mounted types
FT3 d.m.s(Drone Mis...)as a launcher plus (1 to 4?) swarm shots.
Each swarm has 6 drones -damage is 1 pt per missile and a specific
system
threshold check [eg engines,shields,largest weapon,firecon.]
The launcher can 'control' the swarms but if it gets hit(with or without
missiles in it) swarms roll on a 'simple' lock lost table; results could
include -- target nearest ship
	     "	    "	   enemy ship
	     "	    "	   friendly ship
	   return to firing ship!!
	   target largest ship in front arc
	  etc
The list can be D6 or D12 but with the results ranging from the
fun/disaster
to acceptable alternative/ no change.
Speeds/durations movement etc can be talored to costs/tonnage/current
rules
or newsgroup ammendments.

Jon (top cat)

HUUU   RAAAAAAAAAARRR G.Z.G !
SDL

Prev: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon] Next: Re: Carrier Defination (was: FT III Ideas).