Prev: Re: Historical DD's and torpedos - was Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas

Missile Detonation

From: "Phillip E. Pournelle" <pepourne@n...>
Date: Thu, 3 Apr 1997 10:59:26 -0500
Subject: Missile Detonation

Given the range of Missiles in FT and other assumptions about the drives
etc.  I would have to say that a missiles drive system is a fusion
reactor,
there again an explosion can't be cooked off...
  But My main point was regarding the point balance of the game.  Adding
the
disadvantage of the exploding missile would raise the issue of why not
have
that with every other weapon in the game, and the drive system and the
FTL
etc.  This adds a level of complexity that is not required.
  The explosion Disadvantage of the Wave Motion gun was its large area
effect and high damage factor.
  Phil P.

Prev: Re: Historical DD's and torpedos - was Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] Missile Ideas