Prev: RE: Capital vs. others Debate Next: Re: Missles?

Re: Missles?

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Wed, 2 Apr 1997 17:35:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Missles?

Phillip E. Pournelle writes:
@:) At 09:48 PM 4/2/97 +0100, Jon wrote:
@:)
@:) >If the missile launcher is hit before launching, then missile AND
@:) >launcher are lost (and maybe missile could go BOOM....!!).
@:)
@:) I strongly disagree with this idea.
@:)
@:) I strongly reccomend you abandon the notion of exploding missile
@:) racks, they are fine the way they are.  Phil P.

  Aha!	I guess we know who's carrying a missile around in the trunk
of his station wagon, eh?

  Seriously while I think exploding missiles should be at best an
optional rule, I do like the idea.  Our group toyed with the idea of
hangar explosions and fire on board carriers but we eventually decided
not to do it.  I think it could have worked well though.  This is one
of those rules that only comes into play very rarely, so the added
complexity isn't a big deal.  When it does happen, it can be a lot of
fun.

-joachim

Prev: RE: Capital vs. others Debate Next: Re: Missles?