Prev: Re: Full Thrust Campeigns: Big vs Small ships Next: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust

Re: Ship Model Sizes

From: Samuel Penn <sam@b...>
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 12:20:40 -0500
Subject: Re: Ship Model Sizes

In message <19970327161027.AAA7108@default> you wrote:

> Would someone out there give me a go-by on basic ship classes and
model
> sizes?
>
> I have been reading Star Wars RPG.  In 1/2400 scale, an Imperial Star
> Cruiser would be about 67 cm long!?  About the only model I have in
that
> genre is a Corellian Corvette at about 6.3 cm from Micro Machines
(Rebel
> Blockade Runner??).

You can get 38cm long model Star Destroyers. Causes problems in
that short range for most weapons is actually smaller than the
size of the model itself...

[the moral of this story is, if you're running a Star Wars game,
choose a different model scale].

--
Be seeing you,					     ARM not Intel.
Sam.					       Acorn not Microsoft.

Prev: Re: Full Thrust Campeigns: Big vs Small ships Next: Re: Jerks in Full Thrust