Prev: Re: Sensor Rules Next: Fighters

Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

From: jon@g... (Ground Zero Games)
Date: Tue, 1 Apr 1997 05:19:11 -0500
Subject: Re: Missile Balance [for Jon]

>	 Hi Jon,
>
>	 I just wanted to ask you straight up if you felt the missiles
from
>More Thrust were unbalanced (as I feel and I think a lot of other
people do)
>and what you thought about doing something about it.
>
>	 Thanks,
>
>	 James

The current (extensive) thread about missiles seems to be coming up with
some interesting conclusions, which bear out what I've heard people say
about FT missiles before; those who use a large play area and move at
high
velocities find missiles next to useless, while those who move slower in
smaller areas find them lethal. It is a case of the strength and
usefulness
of the system being entirely relative to how it is used and what it is
used
against. I think the discussions are showing that missiles are not too
unbalanced PER SE, but I do think they need some tweaks for FTIII (not
sure
what yet).

Jon (GZG).

Prev: Re: Sensor Rules Next: Fighters