Prev: Campaign Games Next: Re: FW: Bigger--not always better

Re: Sensor Rules

From: Chad Taylor <ct454792@o...>
Date: Mon, 31 Mar 1997 11:42:30 -0500
Subject: Re: Sensor Rules

On Mon, 31 Mar 1997, Allan Goodall wrote:

> At 08:51 PM 3/30/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
> I like the idea of sensors enhancing combat. I'm not sure I'd want a
whole
> bunch of modifiers, though. Your system seems pretty straightforward,
> though. I just don't want FT to get into the "modifier trap" because
> multiple modifiers slow down the game.
>
> Mind you, I'm currently at a loss as to what else can be done. Your
system
> seems simple enough. I'd like to give it a go before I commented
further.

We have been experimenting (Star Trek) with ecm/sensor rules.  We are
using a system in which ecm protects a ship by increasing the range at
which it is shot at by enemy ships.  Sensors can nullify this.	It is a
simply and fast system that seems to be balanced so far, but then we
have
only used it a couple of times.

> Allan Goodall:  agoodall@sympatico.ca
> "You'll want to hear about my new obsession.
>  I'm riding high upon a deep depression.
>  I'm only happy when it rains."    - Garbage

Chad Taylor

Prev: Campaign Games Next: Re: FW: Bigger--not always better