Prev: Re: Bigger not always better--Take 2 Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

From: James Butler <JAMESBUTLER@w...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 19:07:08 -0500
Subject: Re: Capital Ships in Campeign Games

At 07:10 PM 3/26/97 +0000, you wrote:
>I would love to play in a campeign against a player who ties up all his
>forces into capital ships.  My Destoyer squadron raids will keep him
from
>ever destroying my fleet, or expanding his territory...

	A friend of mine, Bill Walley, used to play in this big galactic
conquest play by mail game called Mobius III. In that game, you are
allowed
to design one ship and one ship only. You produce that design which has
do all of your fleet jobs. My friend built himself a dreadnought, which
as
I've said meant that his entire fleet consisted of dreadnoughts. The
joke
was that even though they were all exactly the same, they were classed
according to mission: hence, the Scout Dreadnought, the Colonization
Dreadnought, the Diplomatic Dreadnought, etc.

	James
----

		___
	       |[|]|
	       |[|]|
	      /|[|]|\	_______  __	//    //
      _ _   /==|[|]|==\(_______)/  \__[__]__[__]__MMMMMMMMMM\
     [_|_|\%%===[|]====(_______)|  |===================HHHHHH\
     [_|_| %%===[|]====(_______)|  |=X=X=X==X=X=X======HHHHHHH]
     [_|_|/
					    }C=K@
      Main    Bridge/	   Fuel/      Weapons/	   Scanners/
      Drive   Quarters	Jump Drive  Ship's Boats Spinal Mount

	Battlecruiser INTREPID, CORMORANT-class
	Captain James L. Butler III, Commanding
	JAMESBUTLER@worldnet.att.net

Prev: Re: Bigger not always better--Take 2 Next: RE: Capital Ships in Campeign Games