Prev: Re: Wave Gun II Next: Re: Damn the torpedoes

Re: Dirtside II

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 12:05:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II

On Wed, 26 Mar 1997, M. Ridout wrote:

> HELP...I sent someone else my DSII VB program and I think not all of
it got
> there.  What should I send exactly?

Your manual should detail that (look under "Distributing your
application"),
but here's a simple approach:

1) The program executable (File|Make exe)
2) vbrunX00.dll, where X is your VB version number. A higher number will

also work. You should find that in your windows/system directory. Many
users already have it.
3) Any custom controls and DLLs you're using. Open your project file
(.mak) in Notepad and see for references to DLL, VBX or OCX files.
4) If you're using other DLLs via API, those must go too. Since you
wrote
the function declarations, you should know what and where they are.
5) Any separate files your program explicitly loads. As above.

Unless you're using the database functionalities, that should do it. If
you are, you need to consult the manual.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Wave Gun II Next: Re: Damn the torpedoes