Prev: Re: Bigger--not always better Next: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex

Re: Micro Machines

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 10:53:39 -0500
Subject: Re: Micro Machines

At 07:46 AM 3/23/97 -0500, you wrote:
>>Hey, did you guys know that Galoob Toys, the makers of Micro Machines,
=
>>had a Web Page?! They have all kinds of cool stuff I didn't know they
=
>>made. The cheapest source of minis around I think.=20
>
>Yeah, if you can *find* them. The B5 minis weren't on the market very
long
>before they vanished, and I noticed that suddenly all the Star Trek
minis
>have disappeared, too. And I never saw *any* of the Aliens minis out.

	According to the most recent issue of Mars magazine (which also
has
a nice article on Full Thrust, BTW) "...at the request of the major toy
retailers, no new Babylon 5 sets will be produced" by Galoob.  I cannot
fathom why the retailers would request such a thing; it can't be bacause
they weren't selling!  I've never, not once, seen a B5 pack for sale at
Toy
Liquidators, or put on sale in any other toy store.  Truth be told, I've
only seen them in the store on one occasion, before I was watching the
show,
and I had no interest in them at that point.  At least the AOG figures
will
fill the void; I can only hope that the sizes are compatible with Full
Thrust.

John Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com

Prev: Re: Bigger--not always better Next: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex