Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Re: Micro Machines

Re: Bigger--not always better

From: "Craig Mitchell" <craig@c...>
Date: Sun, 23 Mar 1997 09:12:43 -0500
Subject: Re: Bigger--not always better

>After re-reading my own post I realized the way I worded the options
was
confusing. In >2 and 3, I meant that there are negative modifiers to the
to-hit rolls from A batteries >when fired AGAINST cruiser and escort
class
ships. As I wrote it, one could think I >meant when mounted on such
ships.

>Paul

Combining both interpretations would work also. The smaller ships have
less
space for the targetting electronics. Also they would be less able to
compensate for recoil effects.
Yes I know they are beam weapons but even if they are energy beams
rather
than particle beams there is recoil albeit very small but when you are
trying to hit an object a few hundred metres long ( less for the
escorts)
at ranges of hundreds of kilometres ( or is it thousands) you don't need
be off by much to miss entirely.

Craig

Prev: Re: DS II models from Geo-Hex Next: Re: Micro Machines