Prev: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles Next: Re: Stargrunt WW2

Re: Dirtside II

From: "Out of my mind. Back in five minutes." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Sat, 22 Mar 1997 11:08:51 -0500
Subject: Re: Dirtside II

>This is sort of a survey to find out a few things from those of you
>out there that play Dirtside II.

Hey! I haven't gotten around to answering this yet. Hope it's not too
late for the survey.  :-)

>I have offered to try and write a computer program to play the part
>of the referee in the game.  But before I get to far into it I have a
>few questions.
>
>1.  How many of you out there play Dirtside II ?

Meee!

>2.  What exactly would you want from a program like this ?

I'm not sure. I haven't gotten that deep into the game yet to start
wondering
about computer play-aids. Hmmmm....dunno. Maybe an algorithm tool that
would
replace the chits? Not as messy as when one is spilling chits all over
the
floor.	;-)

>3.  Do any of you use customized weaponry on your vehicles ?

No, so far, just the 'generic' weapons given in DS2.

>5.  Would you want to be able to customize certain aspects of the rules
?

I sorta kinda do. I use (and I've heard other people on the list do the
same) a 'medium speed' for some vehicles, which basically sits between
the fast and slow speed vehicles. I also have tweaked the Walker rules
a little (my understanding is that Walkers come in either size class 1
or size class 5+; I make other size classes, too :)

>6.  If so what aspects would you alter ?

See above.

>7.  What exactly is an Infantry Walker and how many points does it
>	cost ?

My take on it is a Walker that carries infantry?

>8.  RSW air cushion vehicles have the same size/power limits as GEV's
>	is this slow or fast GEV's ?

Dunno; not an expert at this game (yet ;)

>9.  How many of you use modularised vehicles ?

I haven't - yet! Will soon.

>10. How many use oversized vehicles ?

I haven't - yet.  ;-)  WIll soon...

Mk
---
If the conquest of a great peak brings moments of exultation and bliss,
which in the monotonous, materialistic existence of modern times nothing
else can approach, it also presents great dangers.  It is not the goal
of
*grand alpinisme* to face peril, but it is one of the tests one must
undergo to deserve the joy of rising for an instant above the state of
crawling grubs.
				       -Lionel Terray, 1965

Prev: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles Next: Re: Stargrunt WW2