Prev: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits Next: Re: My opinion on new gzg mini's

Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Fri, 21 Mar 1997 08:43:55 -0500
Subject: Re: Nuclear Pumped Laser Missiles

Oerjan Ohlson wrote:
>I find needle missiles mighty strange. To fire a needle beam, you need
>lots of scanner capacity (ie, they require a dedicated firecon). How,
>then, can a mere missile carry scanners powerful enough?

Well if we can today use modern technology to fly a missile into
someone's
back door, it should be possible to carry this out in the future.  Also,
these mere missiles are quite huge in FT - mass 2.  Some of that
internal
volume would likely carry powerful sensors able to do the job.

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits Next: Re: My opinion on new gzg mini's