Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply

Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply

From: "Out of my mind. Back in five minutes." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 22:31:19 -0500
Subject: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply

>> Are you weird? No (not because of this, anyway. What you do in your
own time
>> is your business. B-) ) Have you missed something? Perhaps.
>
>Or perhaps not. Let's see...
>
>> -- "Soul Hunter": Lots of tight, close-in manoeuvring using all the
StarFury's
>> thrusters as Sinclair tries to grapple the tumbling Soul Hunter ship
>
>Not sure what to make of this... I don't have a video handy and I
>don't recall it well.

There's a lot of jinking using the non-primary thrusters while Sinclair
tries to line up with the tunbling Soul Hunter ship.

>> -- "Signs and Portents": Garibaldi vectors up and out of the line of
fire of a
>> Raider, then rotates nose-down to zap him as he overshoots
>
>Thrust not applied in a direction across that of travel.

Errrr...better look again? I'm watching it now.  :)  There's quite a few
instances when the 'Furies use their 'bottom' and 'top' thrusters to
change
facing, directions, and stop. They don't use continuous thrust, no, but
they
are using thrust across the direction of travel.

>> -- "The Fall of Night": The female Zeta Squadron pilot who dodges
Keffer's
>> attack, then zaps him a la Garibaldi in S&P. Later, 'Furies strafe
the Centauri
>> BC, rotating nose-down to fire as they fly by
>
>Thrust not applied across direction of travel.

Hmmm...I just popped out S&P and put this ep in...looked to me as if
thrust
was applied across direction of travel.

Are you maybe meaning the main engines not being used other than in the
+/-
line of travel? 'Cause they are using side thrusters to alter heading,
direction, and speed (albeit generally to slow down if a speed change).

Mk
-
All that is gold does not glitter,
     all those who wander are not lost.

http://www.bcpl.lib.md.us/~indy/index.html

Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac - Reply