Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: I need a fix, I mean game. PLayers in NoCal...?

Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

From: "Out of my mind. Back in five minutes." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:20:45 -0500
Subject: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

>  Having just spent some time reading the Urban Legends home page
>(www.urbanlegends.com) I am in a skeptical mood.  This sounds pretty
>implausible.  My understanding was that the gravitational fields of
>objects smaller than large mountains were impossible to measure - the
>tanker experiment would appear to supply an excellent measurement
>technique.  Anybody have any supporting facts on this issue?

It's hydrodynamics. Unfortunately I don't know near enough about the
subject to explain it in any sane manner, but that's what's going on
there with the boats. As for the tanker/rec boat gravitational
attraction
thing, see an earlier post I made. The ships are entirely too small to
influence each other by gravity.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: I need a fix, I mean game. PLayers in NoCal...?