Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

From: "Out of my mind. Back in five minutes." <KOCHTE@s...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 18:06:19 -0500
Subject: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac

>> C&C does rotate !!!	It sits just above/below the docking bay which
also
>> rotates.  The reason you sometimes don't see the stars outside
turning is
>> cost (see JMS post archive), but it does rotate.  The 1/3 is due to
it
>> being closer to the cental axis of spin that the majority of the
>> station...
>
>1) Whenever they do one of the "outside window zooms" into B5, it is
always
>directly between the big docking arms and the axis of rotation -- we
never see
>it in any other location;

Because we've never seen it in radically different locations doesn't
mean
anything. For example, go back and check the season 2 intro/credits
stuff.
When Sheridan states 'This is the story of the last of the Babylon
stations...'
the camera zooms in on C&C. It is clearly shown just a bit away from the
center, on the far side of the rotation axis from the zero-g pylons,
*and*
you can see the shadows of the zero-g pylons pass over it while the
station
rotates. The camera follows the station rotation as it zooms in. And
here...

>2) The people are standing with their _feet_ pointing towards the axis
of
>rotation.

...you can see that the crew within C&C is standing with their feet
pointed
*outward*, 'down', and not towards the axis of rotation. And every other
time
I've seen an outside-in shot the orientation has been correct: outward
and
'down'.

Late in season 3, when KoshVader comes to the station, we got an outside
view from up on the pylons of the front of the station, and we can
clearly
see C&C way down below, in the main part of the station, rotating away.

Mk
-
Only the bravest try where eagles and angels dare to fly
<*>

Prev: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac Next: Re: B5 and Sir Isaac