Prev: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits Next: Dirtside II Damage Chits

Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models

From: Mike Miserendino <phddms1@c...>
Date: Thu, 20 Mar 1997 10:26:20 -0500
Subject: Re: [OFFICIAL] Re: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models

Jon T. (GZG) wrote:
>The US pricing structure is down to the fact that GeoHex use the cast
metal
>bases and include them in the packs, whereas in the UK we supply the
>plastic flying stands (like the old GW ones) in clear or black plastic,
and
>sell them as an optional extra. Our typical prices are £1.95 for 2-3
1/300

Funny, those fyling bases are usually my first choice for mounting
ships.	I
only mount the heavies on the metal stands to keep them from toppling
over.

>I think that GeoHex's decision on this was largely due to the need to
>produce standard packs for sale to the US retail market; 4 tiny scouts
>rattling around in an otherwise empty blister doesn't look much
"perceived
>value"... :)

Why not reduce the price and we will buy more or put more minis in there
than wasted metal?  It's funny looking at a pack of fighters where the
base
occupies the majority of the mass and volume of the pack while the
little
fighters seem to disappear behind it.  $6.50 U.S. and 95p U.K. - go
figure...

Mike Miserendino

Prev: Re: Dirtside II Damage Chits Next: Dirtside II Damage Chits