Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Stargrunt

Re: Stargrunt?

From: Iceburg <burg@e...>
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 17:12:36 -0500
Subject: Re: Stargrunt?

At 04:24 PM 3/19/97 -0500, you wrote:
>At 08:59 AM 3/16/97 -0500, you wrote:
>
>>I have to admit that space may be a problem with Stargrunt II and 30mm
>>figures,  but I have a large amount of figures thanks to my ill-fated
>>expedition into GW land.  I use a 4' x 8' table for outside battles,
but you
>>can use a kitchen table for indoor battles.
>
>Well, 4' x 8' isn't too bad. In fact, it's what I used when I played
WH40K
>(back when it first came out as Rogue Trader, and kind of sort of
worked).
>When people were saying that SG2 required too much room for 30mm, I
assumed
>it needed something like 6' x 12' tables. I'll give this a try. The
game
>will have a lot of close terrain to keep the ranges down.

I play SGII on a 6'x4' table and have plenty of room when playing the
long
way (The two base edges are the two 4' sides). I just make sure there is
enough terrain to keep the amount of time being suppressed to a minimum
until the units get closer to each other, but not too much that a smart
player can't put a support weapon or two to cover almost the whole
length of
the battlefield.

(BTW, I use 30mm figs, GW and Warzone)

-Greg

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Stargrunt