Prev: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

Re: Threshold Cards V1.0 (LONG)

From: timj@u...
Date: Wed, 19 Mar 1997 12:44:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Threshold Cards V1.0 (LONG)

Tre wrote:

--I do have a question, though: what do you do if you have more than one
of the system
--indicated?  For example, I draw a card that says my C-Battery is
destroyed,
--but I have 4 C-Batteries on my ship.	Which one gets destroyed, and
who decides?

I'd say the owner of the ship decides with the caveat that the batteries
with facings
in the arc of the incoming fire that forced the roll should be
considered first. Thus
if I have

	     -C-

	   -C	C-

And the fire came in through the forward arc, then only one battery is
facing into
that arc so it gets toasted. If in this instance it had been the port
arc then you
could choose between either of the two batteries facing in the port arc.
if it had
been the aft arc then, its your choice of any of the three and you'd
probably choose
one of the one arc batteries. This is a weakness but the solution would
be to have
specific card systems for all possible battery arcs which would make the
deck messy
and large.

Alternatively you could say the deciding factor between tied candidates
would be to
take out the most expensive weapon (in point cost) first. This would
prevent better
weapons surviving. However if we start costing weapons in threshold
rolls I think we
are loosing sight of the point of a simple card system and you might as
well roll the
D6.

Sincerely
Tim Jones

Prev: My opinion on Sa'Vasku models Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)