Prev: SPACE 1889 (Was: RE: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)) Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List

Re: Vector movement

From: "Christopher Weuve" <caw@i...>
Date: Tue, 18 Mar 1997 17:23:28 -0500
Subject: Re: Vector movement

On Tue, Mar 18, 1997 at 1:56:54 PM, Mikko Kurki-Suonio wrote:

> > I'm sure the guys at Wireframe/Chamaeleon won't object to me telling

> > you that the FT/B5 rules are using BOTH movement systems; the EA and

> > other "young" races get to use newtonian vectors, while the Minbari
> > etc. use a development of the original FT movement to simulate their

> > "grav" drives.
>
> I'm not sure that's a good idea. The FT system is easier but not
> necessarily more flexible. I think free spinning dreadnoughts need to
be
> examined thoroughly.
>
> Heavier ships already hold the edge in weapon range. If they can spin
> around as nimbly as lighter vessels, it's going to be very difficult
> exploit the blind rear arc.

These are the Minbari, Shadows, and Vorlons -- I think that's the idea.

<grin>

-- Chris Weuve	 [My opinions, not my employer's.]
------
mailto:caw@wizard.net (h)		World Wide Weuvesite --
mailto:caw@intercon.com (w)		http://www.wizard.net/~caw
mailto:chrisweuve@usa.net (perm)

Prev: SPACE 1889 (Was: RE: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)) Next: Re: Space Ship Minis Wish List