Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)

Re: Babylon 5 Wars

From: Mikko Kurki-Suonio <maxxon@s...>
Date: Mon, 17 Mar 1997 16:02:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Babylon 5 Wars

On Mon, 17 Mar 1997, Phillip E. Pournelle wrote:

>    For those who want games where they don't have to plan ahead,
please
> play the other games, collectible card games come to mind.  War Gamers
> should be able to plan ahead, since every successful military
engagement
> does require some far seeing and then adjustment as contact is made
with
> the enemy...

Whoa there! Are you seriously telling me what to play?

Please note I said "plan AND CALCULATE". I've no objection to planning.
Plans just rarely survive contact with the enemy :-) Therefore they
have to be loose and flexible. Whereas CALCULATION is a sure thing, as
long as nothing changes. But things do change, meaning you have to do
the
calculation over again. And again. And again. And again...

And I do not want to do mechanical trigonometry every time I try to get
somewhere. That's what the ship's computer is for.

--
maxxon@swob.dna.fi (Mikko Kurki-Suonio) 	  | A pig who doesn't
fly

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG)