Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Stamp Out Ignorance

Re: Hello and some FT & DS2 questions

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Sun, 16 Mar 1997 18:58:20 -0500
Subject: Re: Hello and some FT & DS2 questions

>I just bought both FT and DS2 a couple of weeks ago. After going
>through the rules and only one game of FT, I've been wondering how
>could I have missed two such fine sets of rules. Anyway, one thing
>leads to another and here I am another subscriber to this mailing
>lists.

>Here's some questions I have for both games:
>
>FT:
>i) If I design a ship using special hulls instead of the standard
>ones in p.14, what is the minimum mass of a ship that can carry a
>fighter group (my guess is 60 as this is the mass of a standard
>battledreadnought)?

>From my reading there is no minimum size (Full Thrust implies there is,
More Thrust implies there isn't), but we have a house rule that insists
that ships smaller than capital class must be 'dedicated' carriers ie.
at
least half of available 'weapon' mass must be taken up by fighters.

>ii) Do sub-munition packs require a fire control?
I think so, but it's been a while.

>iii) Anyone scratch build their own ships?
Yes, I use plastic or aluminium tubing (from cotton wool buds or hobby
shops) cut thin and filled for gun nacelles, long for ship beams. Thin
plastic is fine for small details. Doll's eyes, buttons are good for
those
rounded details. Rounded or normal pins and thumbtacks are also used
occasionally used.  I usually cut with nail clippers, modelling saws or
pliers; smooth with an nail file; assemble with tweezers; fill in with
modelling compound or milliput. Milliput can also have detail 'stamped'
into it using tubing ends etc. You need to keep a junk box for this sort
of
stuff (filled with Kinder surprise toys, parts from old models etc.).

That's all I can really comment on. Good luck!!!

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: Re: Babylon 5 Wars (LONG) Next: Re: Stamp Out Ignorance