Prev: Re: Heavy Gear (off topic) Next: Re: Leaving the list :-(

Re: Space Marines?

From: davisje@z... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Thu, 13 Mar 1997 06:41:45 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Marines?

> > Yes! In fact, the first edition was published even earlier than 1980
> > (around 76-77, IIRC), by a small-press company called FanTac - the
FGU
> > version is a revised second edition.
>
> I'll check my copy at home for the copyright and publisher.  In those
> days the rules were typed by hand on a typewriter and duplicated.  It
> made for some hard to read text at times.  (like Tractics....)

It was published in 1977 by FanTac.  It sold for $6.00.

Any weapon has to make a "to-hit" roll with a 20 sided die and any hits
would be checked for "to-kill" rolls against the target's armor.

And they did have morale rules!  It was Star Guard that was lacking
them.

(Twenty years.	Twenty years.....   My age is starting to creep up on
me.)

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: Re: Heavy Gear (off topic) Next: Re: Leaving the list :-(