Prev: RE: ship bases Next: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS

Re: Space Marines?

From: davisje@z... (Jonathan Davis)
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 13:02:35 -0500
Subject: Re: Space Marines?

> called "Space Marines."  They were written by one A. Mark Ratner and
were
> published Fantasy Games Unlimited, Inc.  These rules are OLD
(copyright
> 1980!) and they looked pretty campy (at least by today's post-Star
Wars
> standards).  However, they were only asking $3.75 for it, so I picked
it
> up anyway.  At least it will make an interesting gamer conversation
> piece.  "Hey Mike, Get a load of this.  This game uses FORCE FIELDS
for
> infantry!  HA HA!  A take a gander at these goofy-looking aliens...."
>
>	Has anyone else heard of this game?

I bought the first edition rules for this game when it was first issued.

I still have the rulebook gathering dust in a basement storage box.

(Morale?  What's morale?)

The rules are better than Star Guard, but have a similar feel to the
game.
The rules were a part of FGU's SF RPG called Space Opera, I believe.

Jon Davis
davisje@crd.ge.com

Prev: RE: ship bases Next: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS