Prev: Re: ship bases Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards

Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS

From: Sprayform <sprayform.dev@n...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 09:15:41 -0500
Subject: Re: SPOILER ALERT/PARASITE FIGHTER RACKS

At 17:53 10/03/97 +0000, you wrote:

>I have to say I haven't seen the racks or episode in question, but
having
>read the first few lines, thought what the hell and read the rest
anyway
>:)
>
>The rules look ok initially, but obviously I haven't had chance to give
>them a go yet.  A question though
>
>Why have fighter bays at all ???  they cost a lot take up lots of mass
>etc....  With racks like this about I see no reason to bother....
>
>Aside from the protection it gives to fighters, what is the advantage
of a
>full bay ?  Am I missing something ?  Fighters are unlikely to be on
the
>racks when fired upon anyway as the whole point is they are there to
>defend the carrying vessel.
>
>_michael h

The Idea is that bays are used for maintenance/refueling/repair etc. and
can
support a badly crippled fighter comming in 'wonky' or to fast.
      INCOMMING , COVER ,CRASH NET UP !!!
Besides you try telling your pilots "Well done lads you drove off the
attackers like heroes ......however you cant get back cos the racks are
out
.....how much O2 do you have left.
QED
Racks used on battleship to frigates (without bays) would only go into
battle with a conventional bay carrier .
Although the game is representative you have to consider the real
'human'
element to design (Thats why its popular)

Jon  (T.C.)
SDL

Prev: Re: ship bases Next: Re: Threshold Damage Cards