Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: RE: ship bases

Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 07:10:41 -0500
Subject: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

On Mon, 10 Mar 1997, George,Eugene M wrote:

> Does anyone else out there treat firing as a simultaneous action
(using
> written fire declarations, or heaven forfend, the honor system) or do

Following a recent e-mail exchange with Mark K, I am experimenting with
simultaneous fring, as it is obviously much easier to run a pbem on this
basis (which I am planning to do BTW).	It does add a very different
slant
to the game, and means that everyone gets to wreak some destruction....

A am also trying the idea of all ships rolling for initiative (just roll
lots of dice (1 for each ship)) and then having 6 bands of simultaneous
fire, as opposed to alternating ...  This is even more fun if the
initative a ship has for this turn is unknown to the opponant, but is
impracticle on the table (ie. pbem only).  I also give some ships
(mainly
fighters and other small craft, initiative bonus)

-Michael

Prev: Re: The Babylon Project Next: RE: ship bases