Prev: Re: Willpower Next: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire

Re: The Babylon Project

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 1997 05:16:56 -0500
Subject: Re: The Babylon Project

At 18:23 10/03/97 +0000, you wrote:
>the UK, though I'm not sure how this would be enforced; I guess it will
be
>up to the individual US stockists as to whether they will accept
foreign
>mailorders. AFAIK, Hobbygames and other UK distributors cannot LEGALLY
get
>any until Titan releases the UK edition.
>Hope this helps settle the many differing rumours!
>Jon Tuffley. (GZG).
Thanks for clarifying the situation but as a (admittedly fairly cynical)
neutral observer  I really can't see this getting enforced. The only
other
area I can think of where this sort of territorial marketing is used is
the
console video game industry and in that it's widely ignored. After all,
how
are they supposed to even attempt to enforce it? By what law does the
company have rights to look into the lists of where the suppliers ship
to?
And what's to stop (just as an example *Cough* ) some of the american
members of this list buying copies for people outside the US and sending
them on? It's not like the video tapes or computer games where you have
problems re NTSC/PAL. A book is a book is a book..

The effect of this sort of thing is that those who actually want the
thing
get it anyway and those who aren't bothered wait. Result? European sales
of
the B5 RPG will be slightly depressed and US ones will be slightly
increased but other than that it's a farce. I may wait until the UK
release
comes out myself as I'm not slavering for it and I just bought the
Bubblegum Crisis RPG so I'm skint..

			TTFN
				Jon

'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: Willpower Next: Re: Simultaneous moves/fire