Prev: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative Next: Re:

Re: Descriptive design system idea

From: "Donald A. Chipman III" <tre@i...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:41:19 -0500
Subject: Re: Descriptive design system idea

I like this idea  a lot, and when you think about it, point costs are
more
or less arbitrary anyway.   Since FT points don't really mean much
except
for comparing two forces, I don't see any reason why a descriptive
design
system wouldn't be adopted.
	[Slightly off tangent topic warning] While I'm on the subject of
point costs, what are everyone's feelings about them?  Points seem to be
measurement of relative combat value, not necessarily an assessment of
material worth or technological advancement.  This is all well and good,
but
I've been trying to come up with campaign rules, and I don't think that
the
point system, as it is now, accurately reflects a ship's consruction
cost,
only how it will generally fare in battle against another ship.  Does
anyone
have any quick and dirty ideas on this?

Thanks,

Tre

Prev: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative Next: Re: