Prev: Re: Dirtside II Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea

Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative

From: Joachim Heck - SunSoft <jheck@E...>
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 10:03:23 -0500
Subject: Drawing Fire/Screening/Initiative

Brian Bell writes:

@:) Initiative:
@:) Each side rolls 1 dice

  The singular of "dice" is "die".  Thus, two dice but one die.

  Otherwise I think the initiative idea is a little complicated and
I'm not sure what benefit is gained from it.  I could be missing
something.

@:) Drawing Fire:
@:) If a ship if hit (damaged or would have been damaged except for
@:) screens/armor), it must direct a MINIMUM of 1 fire control to
@:) return fire on the ship that hit it.

  This is a more interesting idea.  I think it's a little harsh,
though.  I might suggest that each time a ship takes any damage, it
has a chance of losing the use of one fire con for one turn.  Let's
say, on a 4-6.	This would mean that three escorts could disable a
capital ship for a turn, if they got three lucky hits.	On the other
hand, it might be too stiff a penalty because unless you have level-2
screens, you can expect damage to come through on a fairly regular
basis.	But the it might be possible to flesh out the idea into
something useful.

-joachim

Prev: Re: Dirtside II Next: Re: Descriptive design system idea