Prev: Blake's Seven Next: Re: FULL THRUST font

Re: Damage Tracks

From: Brian Bell <PDGA6560@c...>
Date: Fri, 7 Mar 1997 12:53:44 -0500
Subject: Re: Damage Tracks

>By this system, it seems that your 50 ton ship can not suffer more than

>5 system failures as a result of Threshold checks. That seems far too
>slight to me. So, how about with each threshold check, the maximum
number
>of systems that can go down in that check is the row of the check,
i.e.,
>on the first check only one system can die, on the second two _more
(even
>if one's already dead), on the third three _more, etc.
>
>With this scheme, your 50-ton ship could suffer, at most, 1+2+3+4+5 =
15
>system failures as a result of threshold checks. Given that rolls would

>be for 6s, you'd almost never get that many, but better to allow it
than
>artificially cap damage.

This is what I meant. I meant that for that check the most systems
damaged by THAT check would be equal to the number of marked out
sections
(so that at the end of the 3rd section, the ship could have 6 total
systems damaged (1 from the 1st, 2 from the 2nd and 3 on the 3rd).

Brian Bell
pdga6560@compuserve.com
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/pdga6560/fthome.html
Includes the Full Thrust Ship Registry.
161 Designs now listed!  Is your ship design here?

Prev: Blake's Seven Next: Re: FULL THRUST font