Prev: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Re: FULL THRUST font

Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

From: M Hodgson <mkh100@y...>
Date: Thu, 6 Mar 1997 10:37:57 -0500
Subject: Re: B5/FT: Combining Armor and Interceptors?

On Thu, 6 Mar 1997, Marshall Grover wrote:

<snip>
> >intercept).	The player choose to us two of her B batts to defend and
> >rolls four dice. She fudges and rolls 5,3,4,1: two points of
> >interception.  She must transfer 3 points to her hull.  How will
armor
> >effect the new damage?
>
> when they buy a level of armor give then an extra 5 or so boxes before
> taking the first threshold check. Instead of having to do 5 points of
> damage to get the first check, you have to do 10 points. Doesn't
prevent
> damage just makes them tougher, to start.
>  Marshall Grover

I'm inclined to agree with this method of using armor, especially for
B5,
as it not only makes game play easier and faster, but it also reflects
damage to armor as the game progresses.  I am currently using a base 30%
hull for B5 ships (Marks suggestion I think) and increasing this to 35
or
40% depending on the level of armor.  The 'extra' goes on the first row
however - reflecting critical systems being better armored and so
reducing
the likleyhood of threshold hits.  WARNING - this can lead to EXTREEMLY
short games if someone is lucky with a HBW or similar heavy weapon shot,
as they have a tendancy to vaporise anything short of a cruiser...., but
then that's the bit I like...

-Michael

Prev: Threshold Damage Cards Next: Re: FULL THRUST font