Prev: Re: ATTN "Unknown Compuserve User" (Possibly ALAN LAIRD) Next: Re: Reactions...

Re: Jon's email address?

From: Absolutely Barking Stars <JW4@b...>
Date: Wed, 26 Feb 1997 04:24:57 -0500
Subject: Re: Jon's email address?

At 18:49 25/02/97 +0000, Jon wrote:
>My address is jon@gzero.dungeon.com; I may be wrong, but I thought it
came
>up automatically in the header to any message I posted to the list? It
>certainly does on the mail program I use.
>
>Looking forward to hearing from you.
>Jon T.
It does. For reference, the "FROM:" field for all mail you get from the
list is set to the email address of the person who sent it, the "TO:"
field
is set to the list address, as is the "reply to:" field. The only fields
that have owner-ftgzg-l in them are OWNER: SENDER: and ERRORS-TO:.

It may be that your mail client is reading in the "SENDER:" field as the
one you should reply to. It really should use the "reply-to" one
instead.
Have a look through any options or preferences your mail client has to
see
if you can set which field it uses to decide reply destinations. If you
can't (and this is just my opinion) ditch the mail client forthwith and
get
Pegasus email (if youare 16 bit) or Eudora Light 3 (if you are 32 bit)
if
you possibly can. They both blow Microsoft Internet Mail /Exchange out
of
the water. In fact, I would get one of those over Microsoft's mail
clients
if you possibly can anway. They have a lot more to offer.

			TTFN
				Jon
'And I love what we are but I hate what I am
 And I wanna be like you but I hate when you're like them'
		   Maria McKee 'What Else you Wanna Know'
BWFC Fans List Home Page -
	    http://www.sar.bolton.ac.uk/bwfclist

Prev: Re: ATTN "Unknown Compuserve User" (Possibly ALAN LAIRD) Next: Re: Reactions...