Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!

Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

From: jjm@z... (johnjmedway)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 19:37:24 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

>>  From: Alun Thomas <alun.thomas@cbis.com>
>>  Date: 24 Feb 97 14:16:51
>>  Subject: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion
>>
>>  How about changing the damage track, so that it forms a triangle,
with each
>>  row being 2 or 3 boxes shorter than the one above it?

Sounds like a great idea.

>>  This system would lead to threshold checks becomming more frequent
>>  after a ship had taken some damage, so it might be a good idea to
drop
>>  the rule about successive thresholds rolling against different
numbers.

Especially if the rows are narrow enough that you could conceivable
have more than one threshold check, it would be best to flatten the
number rolled. In fact, I think I'd rather have noticeably narrower
and taller damage tracks, thus making for more frequent, though less
severe checks. Also, if you make all checks at 6, it's easier and faster

to roll 3d6 and look for 6s than it is to roll a d6, then go back
through
and roll for a 5-6, etc., if you have more than one check in a turn.

---
|  john_medway@zycor.lgc.com  |  Landmark Graphics Corp  |  512.292.2325

---
|		 "I am not a user. I am a human being."

---

Prev: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion Next: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas!