Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

From: k.g.mclean@c... (Kevin Mc Lean.)
Date: Mon, 24 Feb 1997 18:35:40 -0500
Subject: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion

>How about changing the damage track, so that it forms a triangle, with
each
>row being 2 or 3 boxes shorter than the one above it?
>eg:a mass 32 ship (16 hits) could have a damage track like this:
>    XXXXXXX
>    XXXXX
>    XXX
>As ships get more massive, their damage tracks get wider and deeper.
With extra
>points being put on the higher rows.
>This system would lead to threshold checks becomming more frequent
>after a ship had taken some damage, so it might be a good idea to drop
>the rule about successive thresholds rolling against different numbers.
>What do you think ?

This sounds good to me, so long as small ships started out with two rows
max. That ways small ships would keep on going until they suddenly
vaporised (pretty much how I always imagined it happened in battles with
the large ships anyway - you were either there in a small ship or you
were
flotsam). I think it simulates the abilities of large ships to handle
damage well.

Regards,

Kevin.

Kevin Mc Lean.
STEPS Co-ordinator/CLC Tutor.
Central Queensland University.
Mackay Campus.
Ph  (079) 407416.
Fax (079) 407407.

Prev: Re: [OFFICIAL] new ideas! Next: Re: FT: Damage Track Sliding Scale Suggestion