Prev: Re: model question.... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT

Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@s...>
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:56:53 -0500
Subject: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT

At 02:41 PM 2/21/97 +0000, you wrote:

>We recently
>played a game which involved a small fleet assisting a passnger vessel
>'run a blockade' set down by another fleet.  The problem was that the
>military vessels were simply ignored whilst the civilian got nuked, and
>there was very little they could do about it... In reality they could
have
>made an effort to put there own vessel in the way.

Sounds like you need a scenario specfic house rule. Perhaps you could
implement a system where a ship within so many inches of another target
can
"take the bullet" (i.e. jump in the way). I don't recommend this rule
for
every game, and I think it could be easily misused, but it might make
your
scenario work.

Allan Goodall:	agoodall@sympatico.ca
 I'm riding high upon a deep depression.

Prev: Re: model question.... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT