Prev: Re: New Galoob Star Destroyer... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT

Re: model question....

From: dbell@z... (David G. Bell)
Date: Fri, 21 Feb 1997 16:49:29 -0500
Subject: Re: model question....

In message <Pine.SOL.3.91.970221123514.29669A-100000@web> Chun Wang
writes:

> I just order an Gundam model from Japan, and I am thinking about using
it
> for Stargrunt. The model's scale is 1/100, is it too big or too small
for
> stargrunt?

If you're using GZG figures, they're scaled at about 1/72, or maybe a
little larger.	I don't know a great deal about the Gundam setting, but
I understand that they're fairly large mechs.  It's going to be some
sort of tank-equivalent, as far as size goes.

Whether Mechs are too big to be practical in the sort of fighting
Stargrunt depicts (as in big enough to be an easy target for everything)

is a whole different question, but I doubt that the scale is going to be

too wildly wrong.

If you want to use that scale, it seems to be the one being used for
15mm figures such as the Skytrex "Command Decision" WW2 range.

--
David G. Bell -- Farmer, SF Fan, Filker, Furry, and Punslinger..

Prev: Re: New Galoob Star Destroyer... Next: Re: Fighter CAP and Screens in FT